lauantai 9. kesäkuuta 2012

Don’t believe everything that you breathe

Ok, so sometimes I think stuff. Sometimes me thinking stuff results in wild theories crazy enough to rival Scientologists. This one theory I have is titled fancily:

The Gaia / Pandora theory

As every human being not living in a barrel, I have seen the movie Avatar, which has some pretty interesting ideas when you ignore the plot, the characters and the neon CGI-animals. Mainly, the nerve system that connects all living beings at the planet Pandora to the very core of the planet so that everything lives in perfect harmony and love and all that hippie stuff the humans in the movie want to destroy so badly. 
So I started thinking, where it came from? (And no I don't care if James Cameron has some theory of his own that can be found from some special-edition blueray's extra materials. I like my theory just fine.) 
The other product of pop culture I have abused in this theory is DCs graphic novel Swamp Thing. For those who have not read it, the swamp thing came into being in a lab explosion, where scientist Alex dies. Alex's body is thrown into the swamp with the super plant fertilizer, which somehow makes plants to digest Alex's body and form a creature, who believes that he is Alex. But he is not. He is mass of intelligent plant mass with cauliflower brain, and emotions, and this is the important part, the memory of everything Alex had ever experienced or learned.     
Lets throw in the final component of my theory, that is, the entropy principle. According to the principle, the amount of chaos in universe is always a) greater than amount of order b)always increasing. Fire is good, tangible example of this. Fire renders simple wood into ash, heat and light. The reason we see time passing as we do is because of entropy: bodies decomposing, turning into earth. Wine glass shatters into pieces when it hits hard surface. It never goes other way round.

See?

The reason the entropy principle has to be taken into this mess, well. Lets suppose that at some distant point in future our planet achieves the perfect state of chaos. In order for my theory to work, this would have mean that every organic being in earth would have lived, died and been decomposed into dirt. Of course my theory only works if all beings do die, leaving no offspring and I'm not sure why that would happen. Gross crossbreeding leading to creatures unsuited for life maybe?

So now we have that planet in a perfect state of chaos, covered in dirt that contains every organic being that has ever lived. Do you see what I'm trying to suggest here? Okay, now add the sentiment plant creature
that build itself from organic waste and nerve system of a dead man. What I'm saying is, that that dirt would somehow start to grow nerves, feeding from experiences and memories of every thing that has ever been alive. And so we would have super intelligent planet-encompassing nerve system that probably would start to spawn it's own (blue) life. Neat.

It's probably worth mentioning though, that I don't actually believe in any of this stuff. As I said in a beginning, sometimes my brain takes me to strange places and I'm first to admit the flaws of my theory.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti