lauantai 2. kesäkuuta 2012

If it’s out of key well nobody’s perfect.

I have a hiccup and it's annoying as hell.
Anyway, what I really wanted to say is congratulations for all those non-failing students who graduated today. Honestly, I have no idea how you did it and it must be cool to be able to finish something on planned schedule. Must be very gratifying and all. I haven't ever managed it, though.

I went to two graduation parties, and managed to give a spontaneous lecture on growth of human brain and evolution, rhetoric, schooling system, absolutism and brief history of philosophy to unsuspecting guy over twice my age who half of the time had no idea what I was talking about. I'd call it a success. It also tells a sad tale about my social skills.

There is a point to this story, that is, how utterly and absolutely happy I am that I am not graduating right now. I have no clue what I am going to do after Upper Secondary. Sure I have plenty of options, good enough brain and motivation to apply for University of Helsinki. Question is, which line? What do I want to study to unforeseeable future, spend hours and hours reading and arguing about, when everything is so damn interesting? My failing as a student ironically gives me a kind of head start to my future studies and gives me time to sort out what I actually want in life.

Until I figure it out, I have this website to keep me company:

WTFshouldIdowithmylife.com

2 kommenttia:

  1. "I went to two graduation parties, and managed to give a spontaneous lecture on growth of human brain and evolution, rhetoric, schooling system, absolutism and brief history of philosophy to unsuspecting guy over twice my age who half of the time had no idea what I was talking about. I'd call it a success. It also tells a sad tale about my social skills."

    Olet ihana.

    Also, http://talkboring.blogspot.fi/.

    VastaaPoista